In relation to starting any blog, there are many tips and tricks you need to take into consideration. However in this particular article, we are going to be looking at the tips and tricks you need to consider before starting a hair advice blog. Below are a list of tips you should use if you are just starting out or you need help expanding your readers.
1. – Be Yourself – first things first, blogging isn’t a new hobby that has recently started. It has been around for a long time now so it is important that when starting a blog, that you can be completely 100% yourself. Do not copy other individuals’ ideas or tips, this is your own personal diary you could say, so make it original. You see nowadays the most popular bloggers always bring out new creative tips for their readers to enjoy. The whole idea of starting an advice blog is to help individuals out there who need help in certain areas and in this particular case – it’s all about the hair!
2. – Choose your name – Of course, you’ve guessed it choosing your domain name will of course be the next step you need to take. Some people might think this is the first decision you have to make but in reality, you need to be aware of what your blog stands for and what you stand for before you create a domain name. You can’t be giving advice on hair and have your name be related to clothes. If you are reviewing the best curling wands, or checking out the best shampoos to cure oily hair problems like betterhairday.com, then your blog should have a name that relates to that fact. That is why it is so important to know what your blog entails, that way choosing a domain name won’t seem so hard. However, while you are in the process of putting together ideas of what is going to be on your blog, there is no harm is thinking of some names too because sometimes that name you’ve been thinking about isn’t always available – believe me, I’ve tried.
3. – Decide where you want to be seen – When you’ve completed the previous two steps, choosing where you want your readers or perhaps viewers to find you. As I’m sure you’re aware of, there are so many options to choose from. For example, wordpress and tumblr are great options. Tumblr especially if you plan on including videos to your blogs every once in a while. Another option is of course YouTube which I’m sure has entered your head but can of course be tricky in terms of reaching the amount of viewers you wish to have. This again, is completely up to you where you want to post your advice. Just ensure that it is something that you want not what other bloggers have done because like I’ve said, this is all coming from you.
4. – Be organised – Starting a blog is not easy. There is a lot of work involved especially when it comes to design and the setup process. You need to organise what needs to be done for your blog to be ready, including a launch date you would like to have it for. Another very important factor you need to remember when organising is how you plan on fitting your blogging into your everyday life. You need to decide when you want to blog and what you plan on blogging so it doesn’t get overcrowded and worse comes to worse; your blogging is forgotten about. Use a planner to keep up to date with what needs to done so you never lose track of any important tasks you wish to do.
5. – Be creative – Like I’ve said, being yourself is so important if you want to have a successful blog, especially an advice blog. You need to ensure that everything you are putting up is creative and does work. You don’t want to suggest something you have no experience in and then it turns out it made no differences. Be honest with your readers and give them the advice you know will worth in their favour.
6. – Be interactive with your readers – Often there are times where people are asking you to give advice on particular topics. This is a great way to get ideas for new content you want to help individuals on, but it also shows your readers that you care about what they have to say. Doing this can also help gain more readers if people can see that you’re using their suggestions.
7. – Don’t let negative comments interfere – No matter where you go or what you do there’s going to be people trying to bring you down. It is important that you don’t let these people ruin what you’ve started to do. This is a blog to give advice, and if people don’t like that, that doesn’t mean you need to stop. Ignore the negativity and continue using your blog for good.
8. – Continue to set goals – No matter how long you’ve had your blog; there is no harm in continuously finding new ways in improving it. Set goals that will help gain more readers or try out new ideas before adding them to your blog. Your readers are a great support system in terms of brainstorming so hear what they want help on and start from there.
As you can see, running a hair advice blog isn’t as hard as it seems so get started together and start spreading the word.